Search

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Delicious Baked Ziti!

To make delicious baked ziti, you will need the following items:

1 pound of gr chicken/gr turkey/gr beef
1 small can of tomato sauce
1 packet of Thick and Zesty spaghetti seasoning
olive oil
fresh basil/fresh cilantro(or you really don't need these, I just like them for taste)
some ziti noodles, you know how much your family needs. We go through about half a box.
provolone cheese
Oh, and Italian herb seasoning(the kind in the grinder, every household should have this fine staple item)

Brown the ground whatever meat you choose, or don't use meat at all, cause its your prerogative. Drain the grease, unless you are into heart disease, I'm not judging. Add some water along with the tomato sauce, spaghetti seasoning packet, the fresh herbs to your liking, and olive oil(I guess like, 1 or 2 tsp's)
Cook the sauce on low-med heat.
In another pan, your noodles should have been cooking already. My fault for not telling you this beforehand.
Sprinkle/dash/mix any extra seasonings you might want in your sauce.
Drain your noodles, pour them into a 9x13 inch baking dish, and then your sauce goes overtop of this. Lay out slices of provolone cheese to cover and bake in the oven at 350 until it smells great and the cheese is melted.
If all goes right, this dish will be demolished in minutes.

3 comments:

  1. I added this to my grocery list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not kidding, when I make this my kids demolish it. No matter how much I make of it, they eat until its gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put hot sausage in mine when i make it. and I use Ricotta cheese with one egg and top with Mozzarella. I guess it is a matter of taste oh and yeah love my Italian seasoning I use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete