Search

Monday, September 20, 2010

Jess' Chili

Don't mean to brag, well actually I do, I make really outstanding chili.

I also like to call this 'Artery clogging chili'. Please do some cardio exercises!

You will need:
1 lb browned gr beef/turkey/chicken
1/2 lb of bacon, cut up into small pieces, like an inch I guess?
Sliced/fried kielbasa
2 cans of hot chili beans
1 or 2 pks chili seasoning
1/2 of a vidalia onion, chopped
V8 juice
And of course, a chopped jalepeno--add at your own risk, and do not cut pepper with bare hands.

I don't eat spicy foods, I make it a rule not to. There are 2 exceptions though, wings and chili.

Cook all of the meat, add the beans, seasoning, onion and pepper. Pour V8 overtop. Mix and let it cook on medium for about an hour.
The amount of V8 you use is up to you, I aim for the consistency of Wendy's chili.

Serve with saltines or Fritos scoops--my family's favorite. Top with shredded cheese and about 5 dollops of Daisy sour cream.

4 comments:

  1. YUM!!!!!I must try with bacon!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bacon makes it SO good! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds YUMM!!! Something to try: 1/2 lb ground spicy italian sausage, make marble sized balls and place them all in a cold skillet, cover and heat on med untill they are grey then stir them until they are brown, add them to your chili. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I will give that a try the next time I make it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete