Search

Friday, May 17, 2013

I love to cook everything in one pan, and with as little cleanup as possible. I also enjoy the art of making homemade bread, which is the the exact opposite, in terms of the aftermath I'll be left to deal with.
 One thing that my family loves to devour is *whatever we're having* baked into a bread.


Today I am going to share with you this Jess-ipe, which I haven't officially named yet, but I will tell you exactly how I make it.

You will need the following:

1 pound of cooked and shredded chicken
1/2 cup chopped broccoli(or more if you like that nasty crap, I chop it up enough that I'm not gagging, and so that my kids we don't know we're eating vegetables  ::shudder::)
chopped onion, fresh minced garlic, chopped cilantro
1 cup Velveeta, cubed
salt/pepper to taste

You start with your basic yeast dough. If you'd like to make your very own yeast dough click here for a recipe. If not, 1 or 2 cans of Pillsbury pizza crust dough will work, depending on the size of your family. I have 4 children, ages 12 and under, and a husband, whom all have the appetites of 17 year old boys.
Lightly flour a surface, and roll your dough out into a rectangle. In the center of the dough, layer the chicken, the nasty broccoli, onion, garlic, cilantro, salt & pepper. (Make sure to leave space all the way around for tucking the dough under, that way dinner isn't oozing out of the bread and all over the oven that I'm sure you all keep sparkly clean) Top with the Velveeta cubes, and roll the dough up, stromboli style.
Bake at 350 until the crust is browning. Butter the top, and place back into the oven for a few minutes.
I'd say that you should let it cool a few minutes first before serving, (AND YOU SHOULD!!) but that never happens here. When I pull food out of the oven, they start circling the kitchen like a pack of wolves.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment